Saturday, April 22, 2006

Someone can't get their act together

And it isn't me.

I got a call yesterday from our new apartment complex telling us that instead of being able to move in on the 27th, we would have to move in at 4:00 on the 28th. No biggie, in fact it will probably be easier to conscript help, but c'mon, people, I had made arrangements. I had hired a truck. I had harassed my hired goons into helping schlep my junk into and out of the truck.

Anyway, now instead of picking up the truck across the street from my place, I have to haul myself up to 118 ave and 36 st, which is a hassle, a mere hour before the only time that the new apartment would get me for a move in inspection. I'm not sure entirely how this will work, but I think that it will, in fact, work. I have little doubt of the presence of helpers on the unloading end of the move, where there is an elevator, but it is the getting this crap into my truck in the first place that concerns me. Oh well, that's what life is about, isn't it? Living up to new and exciting challenges?

Also, Courgette Gratinee a la Mornay? Sumptuous as only things with a lot of butter and cheese can be. The potato chips that followed? Not as sumptuous, but more crispy. My pants? Probably tighter than they should be. Need to work on that.

No comments: