Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The latest update on our move:

Our new moving date is May 1. Thanks to everyone who has agreed to help, and if you are reading this and feel like helping me move on that day too, let me know.

The plan as it stands right now is to do the inspection at 10:00, and then immediately load up an elevator full of boxes, rush over and pick up the dolly from the store

The truck is set for a pick-up from the company at 4:00 PM that day and so I will go, pick up the truck, and hopefully meet up with the people who are wanting to help me move at my place in the East end. At some point I may pick up Kayla from school in order to get the extra pair of hands. Incidentally, all this time, Jenn will be doing inventory at the store, so we will have already loaded up the truck by the time Jenn is done work, so we will pick her up, go to Burger Baron for supper, and then we will wheel across the city and start to unload the stuff into the building, (with maybe someone dropping Kayla off at the hospital for volunteering) hopefully with the assistance of assorted people, which ought to make it go faster. Once that is done, I will drop off the truck, pick up my truck, and wheel back across town through post-rush-hour traffic while Jenn supervises the rough unpacking of stuff and I will spend the evening hosting on the patio with my new blender.

Actually what will probably happen is that Jenn will come home, read this, and yell at me for not planning to move right, and tell me what will actually be happening.

Speaking of my new blender, can I just say how much I like it? It has way more power than my old blender, and so it makes blender drinks that are much more blended and less grainy, with fewer chunks of ice. I didn't need to constantly shake the machine to get the sides to blend down or anything. It works just great. Happily I have found a recipe for mango margaritas made with fresh fruit and no sugar that tastes good.

No comments: