Sunday, October 23, 2005

What an exciting Saturday

Yesterday, I got to get up early so I could be at the university at 9:00 for a federal government employment test (actually 2 of them) just in case I decide that I may want to end up in the public service. By taking the tests ahead of time, I could cut a big chunk of time out of the whole process. The first test was the "Situational judgment Test" or something like that. The idea of this test is to give you a situation that may come up in an office, and you have to pick from a choice of 5 answers, the most and least effective responses to the situation. Well, in most employment situations I have been in, the answer would have been, "Suck it up and do you damn job!" This, however, is a public service exam, so I kept that in mind.

The second test was the Written Communication Proficiency Test, where I had to read passages and pick out problems and suggest alternatives. For anyone who has written the language proficiency sections of the LSAT and gotten 100%, this test should not be difficult. It was about on par with a high-school English multiple choice test.

Then after I got home, I finished making supper, as we were having company. The B's came over and we had meatloaf and cheesy Potatoes, and for dessert sparkle cake with ice cream and raspberries. Mmmmmmmm. We also looked at wedding pictures and commiserated about the joys and afflictions of the immediate post-wedding period in a newlywed life. That and discussed Jen's food cravings, as she is expecting their first little one. A fun time was had by all, I expect. Anyway, off to church, and then maybe shopping, as Jenn has gift certificates to spend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um. Did I read your last post right?? First little one??

andrea

Jenn & Owen said...

See the above post for clarification.

Jenn & Owen said...

Not me Jenn, my friend Jen. The only new baby we are exoecting any time soon is perhaps a baby kitty again soon. Although that does make me crave tuna sandwiches....

Thanks to everyone who assumed though :-

Jenn