Monday, October 10, 2005

Our First Thanksgiving Together

Well, this was our first Thanksgiving together, last year we were apart as Owen went to Calgary and I stayed in Edmonton. This year we decided to stay home in Edmonton and celebrate with my half of the family. On Sunday we had dinner at my Grandma and Grandpa Toews place with my Mom's side of the family. It was very nice and dinner was very good. On Monday we went over to my Aunt and Uncles half for a second turkey dinner with my Dad's side of the family. It was a much noisier affair with two young children and many more people than Sunday. All in all, we have stuffed ourselves silly with turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Needless to say we are back on the diet tomorrow!

It's been a busy weekend and I am now on the turkey crash, I feel very sleepy. It has been nice to have a long weekend though, I really needed the break from school and work even though we basically did homework and housework the whole time we weren't eating turkey. Weekends need to be four days long. Maybe we can petition the government to make weekends four days long, I mean all of their employees already have/take "four day weekends" so why not the rest of us too?...

No comments: