Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ok, if There are any more hoops, could you please tell me NOW!

Well I just had hopefully my last frustrating event in the process of finally getting my student loan. Since the government screwed up on my file and put the wrong ID number for my documents they couldn't verify my status as a student here at the U of A. This meant I had to take my loan documents to the registrars office and have them verified there. Fine no problem right? I mean that's how I have done them for the last 4 years I have been here, no biggie. Well that's what I thought. Not so though. I get to the registrars office and the woman at the desk refuses to sign my loan since my ID card and documents still have my maiden name and the university has my married name. So the stupid woman refuses to sign my papers and sends me away. Agggh! I can't say I have been so pissed off in a long time. So, back down to the first floor I go so that I can request that my name change form and marriage certificate be retrieved from their files and photocopied so I can stick it under the nose of the woman upstairs. So from floor one the phone call is made to floor two where I am sent to wait for my documents. So I go upstairs and wait for my documents. A few minutes later a fairly sympathetic man calls me over and hands me my documents. He thinks the process is pretty retarded too. I walk back upstairs with my documents from floor two and stick them along with every card in my wallet with my name on it in front of the stupid woman on floor three, she stares at them in disbelief for several minutes. I am about to ask her if she wants a urine sample or blood or hair or something as well. Finally she decides I must be who I claim I am and signs my stupid papers. The moral or the story, when getting the government or the university bureaucracy to do anything make sure you have your entire life history with you and documented including the last time you went to the bathroom and what you have eaten today, because even if that information is in the same building, they won't get off their butts and help you out.

Has anybody else had as much fun as I have had getting their student loans this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm done dealing with student loans. Now I'm in repayment that's even more fun!!