Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Water Damage

So after several weeks of waiting, they finally came and repaired not only our water damaged wall, but also the leaking toilet tank in our bathroom. This had been somewhat of a saga, as they were supposed to paint our wall last Friday, but never showed. By 3:00 on Monday, after plenty of calling on our part, I got a call from the administration to see if the work had been done yet. It hadn't. The admin lady came up and looked. Then she looked mad. She gets on her cell right then and there and starts bawling out the guy on the other end. It sounded like this:

It hasn't been done.

No, it hasn't.

I'm right here, looking at yellow stains on the walls.

No, there's no grandfather clock here.

What building was it?

You painted #605 in the WRONG BUILDING! Can't you tell if there's stains on the walls or not?

TODAY! RIGHT NOW!

And then she hung up. The guy was here in about an hour, and took all of 20 minutes to paint the place including some fast drying spray primer. Was that so hard? NO!

Now Jenn is making me supper, and that makes me happy.

3 comments:

K. Donovan said...

So what about the inevitable mold in your insulation? Painting isn't going to fix that.

Jenn & Owen said...

Don't get me started, I have already thought of that... But trust me, I will be the first to bitch when I feel ill...

Siochain said...

Yay! PAINT! I love paint!