Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lovely supper

Today was farmer's market day in Collingwood, as well as "Jenn and Owen go to T&T" day, so we wound up with an assortment of lovely things. First of all, new potatoes, then hardneck garlic, peaches, salmon steak, and artichokes. We took advantage of our Barbecue having a side burner as we boiled the potatoes and artichokes together, and grilled the salmon. I also made Aioli with taragon, chive, and scallion, and topped the potatoes with that. The artichokes we had en vinaigrette. All this was accompanied by a bottle of Viognier, which went down a treat, and for dessert? Watermelon. All in all, a nice day.

Oh, and we went for a swim before supper, too, which took the edge off the 34 degree heat.

4 comments:

Siochain said...

Excellent... I'm expecting something similar to this next week, hmmmmm???

Jenn & Owen said...

Oh, is that an RSVP, then?

Siochain said...

Um... yeah. I think I'm stupid, or something. I have the invite on my fridge and everything. Guess I should have read past the part that talked about a party.

Jenn & Owen said...

We shall phone you then...