Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We're back

We'll be updating our blog here over a few posts with details of our little holiday, there's a bunch to talk about, so we will be taking our time.

First off, we headed out on Thursday morning after Jenn was done her exam, and after I hauled all our stuff down to the truck in preparation for a few days camping. On the way to pick her up, I went to T&T for lunch, where I got Ginger Beef and Lemon Chicken, adventurous, I know, but Jenn was writing a really hard exam, so she got comfort food, so there. We headed out along the back way to drumheller, in what can only be described as bucketing rain. When we arrived at our campground, there was an awful lot of thunderstorm going on, so we ditched and cruised the extra hour into Calgary and stayed with my parents for an extra couple of days. During that time, we were fed, watered, and I got to start some wine kits with my dad and bottle my sherry, and trim the hedge and whatnot. It was swell.

I also had a chance to stop in and visit the Hamiltons, who are living on the way way way south side of Calgary, about 75 km by car from my parents house (still in the same city however) and the happy new parents, whose little happiness causer is very very cute. I also liked the fancy low-flush toilet they installed. It really flushed hard. I don't know if it was a pressure assist or just a high speed valve, but it got the job done on 6 litres. That's quality.

We also watched the Oilers lose the Cup, which sucked, and we booed.

No comments: