Saturday, June 10, 2006

Our Go Oilers Ordeal:

Some people will tell you that Oilers playoff tickets can't be had for love or money. That just isn't true. Our love got us Oilers tickets in section 333, which is just below, well, the roof. But that's okay, because we were in Rexall place for the big game! I thought my heart was gonna stop after Ryan Smythe's goal.

In order to win these tickets, I had to kiss my wife. Sounds easy enough, but then try kissing for five and a half hours without stopping. No pee breaks, no removing your lips from one another, no sitting down. At the end of the ordeal, there were three couples standing, and the names went in the hat. We won, we won, we won. Woot Woot Woot. Go Oilers. Jenn will understand if we never kiss again.

5 comments:

K. Donovan said...

So that pretty much moves you from "embracing the lifestyle" to "embracing as lifestyle."

N'est-ce pas?

Jenn & Owen said...

Go Oilers!

Anonymous said...

Well done! Well, there's far worse things you could do for playoff tickets. There's a contest out there where winner had to sit on a toilet seat the longest. Ouch.

Ironically, they didn't allow pee breaks.

Jenn & Owen said...

What my husband hasn't taken into consideration, is that I may not want to kiss him for a while either.
~Jenn

Siochain said...

Aaaaaa... l'amour. Do you two need Chapstick shipped out to you, or are you good? In all seriousness, it's lovely that you two were able to publicly expose your love (for 5 freakin' hours!) in order to wrangle Oilers tix. I can't even get my Sim to have a successful date right now. Sigghhhhh.... So please,"I like the kissing, I'm all for the kissing, more kissing I say!"