Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Mediation Training

So this week, I took the LESA Mediation of Divorce and Separation course. It was fairly intensive, but definitely a worthwhile experience. The plan at this point, then, is to get set up and start marketing a mediation practice as I finish my thesis. The bonus of this is that it is a lot more realistic to operate a mediation practice part time than to practice law part time, and that the pay is a bit better than the wine store, assuming I get any business. For those who are looking for great gifts for me for my birthday, you can think about checking out my wishlist at amazon.ca for books on mediation and small business. Or, on the other hand, you could check for things which are not related to that, and I would like those too.

Speaking of my birthday, I will be traveling to Calgary sometime between now and the Ides of March, and while I am there I will probably have a minor celebration of my first 29th birthday (the first of many, I assure you). If you are the sort of person who reads my blog, lives in Calgary, and would tend to attend my birthday, you can keep an eye on this space for updates on details of my super-happy 29th birthday bash.

No comments: