Monday, May 15, 2006

Job Interview

Today I had my first serious job interview in three years at Alberta Human Resources and Employment for the position of FOIP coordinator for a three ministry service sharing arrangement. Happily, I had reviewed the FOIP act and the Practices and Guidelines binder prior to the interview so I didn't look like a complete twit, and was able to actually answer pretty much all the questions that they asked regarding Access to Information and Privacy issues. Hopefully nobody better applies and my references are nice to me, because I would really quite like to do this particular job. Even if I don't stay on after the contract period, it would give me an inside look into the application of privacy legislation in government which would help me as part of my academic future, while at the same time keeping us from starving. Keep your fingers crossed for me, in my first (and in all likelihood not last) job interview of the current job search.

No comments: