Sunday, May 29, 2011

Aurora Brewing Challenge

For the past week, Tuesday through Saturday, I have been participating in one of Canada's largest home brew competitions, the Aurora Brewing Challenge in my capacity as a judge, and also running a tasting seminar on Saturday. It was a fantastic party, although the judging was a bit of a long slog at times. There were a lot of beers that I had to judge that it was an effort to get through.

After a week of that, having judged between 18 and 23 beers a day for 5 days (you can do the math yourself, thank you) I don't much care if I don't see another beer for a while.

Today (Sunday) I had a lazy day. Up, breakfast, weed the garden, do the dishes that piled up last week, do another load of dishes, do the grocery shopping, do 5 loads of laundry, fold the laundry, clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen, rack a batch of wine, start another batch of wine, change the bedding and help Jenn with a school project.

Lazy Sunday.

No comments: