Tuesday, December 12, 2006

But now that the beer is done exploding...

It seems to have calmed down and now is bubbling away quite happily in my closet. The mess on the floor and in the blow-off jug smelled really good, so I expect this one to be quite drinkable. Another big milestone for me was my first genuine mediation. It clocked in at two and a half hours, and it meant that I didn't get home until after 7, which is kind of unusual, but as far as I could tell from the discussions that occurred and the feedback that I got, it was a success. An assortment of people getting in touch with their inner adults.

I'm still waiting on results for the final three categories I entered in the Gambrinus Challenge at Paddock Wood in Saskatoon, but that should come along soon enough. Those were what you might call small categories, where I would likely be amongst only a handful of competitors. I hold out high hopes for a medal.

In other news, Jenn is only three school days away from her final day of Student Teaching at the current placement. She has learned a great deal, and has really gotten interesting perspectives on teaching, but she is looking forward to student teaching in her major area, where she will feel more at home with the material.

We are both looking forward to Christmas like a couple of little kids. Jenn has apparently gone way overboard on buying me presents, and I am looking forward to getting a few days off to work on my thesis without keeling over from exhaustion. This Friday and Saturday are big Christmas days for me. On Friday there are two meet&greet style parties in the Grove for me to hang out with realtors and bankers and lawyers, and then on Saturday we have the company Christmas Party. Jenn will get to meet all my co-workers and I will get to eat Thai food on the company tab. It's a win win.

That's all for now, I just thought I would give an update since nobody I know who blogs has written anything substantial since the first of the month, and I though I would be part of the solution.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hmph! Gee thanks! (I've been posting!)

Merry Christmas Owen & Jenn! (Can you send me your new address, by the way?)