Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Those of you who have had the pleasure of knowing me for the last several years know that if St. Paddy's day falls on a Friday, it will involve a great deal of drinking and dancing and listening to loud live Celtic music. Not this year, unfortunately. I just don't have the energy. Really there is nothing that I would like better than to go out to a bar and hear a really loud band with a name like "Drunken Whiskey Louts" while knocking back shot after shot of rye chased by pints of beer, but I just don't feel like leaving the house. Meh. Oh well, I'll just put the Mahones on the stereo and go to bed early. Call it "Whiskey Ennui". First goes New Years, then goes St. Paddy's Day. Next thing you know, I'll be sober on Canada Day. Oh Well. Cheers, Slainte, ta.

No comments: