Saturday, March 04, 2006

A good night's sleep

We jerry-rigged a setup that prevents Koda from clawing the carpet under the door in an effort to get in to sleep with us, and blacked out the windows with foil so that the security light in the parking lot wouldn't make it high noon at midnight, and finally I got a good night's sleep. It was glorious. It doesn't seem to have adversely affected my relationship with the cats either, since Mandy is purring away in my lap even as I type. In fact I have to type one handed because she has pinned my hand with her paw and is in the process of grooming my fingers. Stripey ones are not evil.

Last night I made some apple crisp, which was fairly tasty even though the crust came out of a box that we had lying around for some reason. This made me especially happy, since apple crisp is one of my favorite breakfasts. Tonight we will be having leftover roasted turkey breast with stuffed potatoes and Caesar salad and later on for a post-concert snack we will have hummus and pita. The concert is Jenn's flute class recital, but she doesn't have to play because she is doing her own recital in April.

3 comments:

Suz said...

A good night's sleep is glorious.

And stripy ones are definitely not evil. Sometimes stripey ones aren't evil either. [grin]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, ya post-deleting, non-birthday-blogging doofus.