Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mmmmm... Curry

I recently completed my 4 book set of cookbooks with this one And boy, was the Channa Masala tasty. I'm on a bit of a curry kick right now, and have been accumulating various ingredients. It helps that I already had a pretty full spice cupboard, and that Indian cooking isn't really all that expensive to start with. I already had a couple of other cookbooks, which I recommend.

Jenn can't quite manage the spice level yet due to her stomach trouble, but I enjoyed a supper of Channa Massala, Raita, Roti (homemade) and some mixed pickles that I got at the little grocery by H&W Produce. Today on the way home from dropping Jenn off at school, I stopped and picked up a few more items I wanted, like small packages of different lentils, and some small packages of spices and some pickles. I rather like the small Indian groceries, because the little Indian ladies are always eager to help a big ignorant Caucasian galoot like me with my selection of spices, pickles, vegetables, and whatnot.

Tonight's special may well include Bhindi Bahji and Saag Paneer (homemade paneer, too, which is easier than making your own yoghurt)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made your own Roti? Mmmmmmmm.

In other news, the word verification for my entry:

phqqqh.

In green.

I'm sure this indicates some sort of Cthulhoid plot.

Jenn & Owen said...

Khaighle? You don't like Indian food, do you?