Sunday, January 13, 2008

I am not very happy.

Last night, Mandy, who has already had an ongoing problem for three years with chewing through string, has moved on to harder stuff. Electrical cords. This makes my cat a fire hazard.

So this afternoon, we are going to the humane society to give her up to the program for cats who are too difficult to live with and are adopted as barn cats. This means that my cat, who is the gentlest cat I think I have ever seen with people (although lethal to anything smaller than her) will have a new life where she will probably never get another tummy rub. After about noon, she won't be getting any from me.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm sad to hear that. But remember to, a place without the chance of electrocution is better for her. We're here for you

Anonymous said...

AWWW Jenn, that is such a hard choice to make! But when it becomes an issue like safety for all of you,.... well its still not any easier. Remember I'm here for you. At least she isnt ill with feline diseases.

Suz said...

That's poopy.