Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Annie's

A while ago, we decided as a collective that we needed rent a very fast car with no top and get the hell out of Spruce Grove for at least 48 hours. Instead, we went out for lunch. I think that that was the best decision we could have made under the circumstances. We went to Annie's, which is the sort of place where the two most popular items on the menu are a Monte Christo and Chinese combo #1.

We did both.

Call me a sucker but time and again I go for the combo #1 at every "Chinese & Western" place I go to. Inevitably it is fried rice with chop suey and chicken balls. Annie's was pretty good. Not dough-y or tasting of bleach like that at the Rainbow Palace.

Next time, though, I might break down and get a sandwitch, because that is what 99% of the people were getting, and they looked good. Live and learn.

Cheap and lots and not too terrible. three pints of beer, but a pretty generic brand. Maybe Brewhouse Pilsner from Saskatchewan.

No comments: